Amazing Air Duct in Harrisburg NC also provide air duct replacement in Harrisburg NC.
If you make use of an HVAC system in your home or workplace, the cooling and heating system makes use of air ducts to circulate air all through your home. In this post, we will look at what air duct replacement is, why you need to replace your air duct regularly, some common problems caused by air ducts, and how often you should clean up your air duct. Let’s see what air ducts are before we go into why you should ensure they are replaced before your HVAC system collapses completely:
What is air duct replacement?
Air duct replacement is one of the most important services offered by HVAC contractors. A professional HVAC company with good experience can help you change your air ducts with great efficiency. Air duct replacement should be done once the HVAC system is up to 10 years and above or once the system is no longer able to generate air adequately.
Replacing your air ducts isn’t one of those simple DIY tasks you or any random handyman can handle successfully, so always ensure you hire a professional who knows the job well to get the job done. The ductwork of your HVAC is installed through the ceiling with a vent installed in each room for efficient heating and cooling distribution.
Why would air ducts need to be replaced?
There are several reasons why you should replace the air duct of your HVAC. Let’s see some of the reasons why you should not neglect the need to replace your HVAC:
- Low Air Flow – One of the reasons you should replace your air duct is a reduction in the efficiency of airflow as a result of blockages or leakages in the duct. Once the air coming out of your air ducts are low, it is time to invite an HVAC professional to help you replace the worn-out ductwork.
- Unevenly distributed heating and cooling – The air circulating in your home should have a uniform temperature. If you find some spots in your home cooler in some places and hotter in other places, it is a good reason to change your air duct without any unnecessary delays.
- Strange noises – Once your HVAC system starts making strange noises whenever it is working, it is a sign of pressure differences in the air duct. Changing your air duct will eliminate the strange noises entirely and improve the air circulation of your cooling and heating system.
- Presence of Mold or Mildew – The flow of cool air in your air ducts on very hot days can moisten up the duct and encourage the growth of mold and mildew.
- Aging – Your HVAC will reduce inefficiency with time and may need to be changed once signs of aging start showing.
Problems caused by air duct
The air duct of your HVAC can give you a lot of problems when you fail to change them once they start showing signs of wear or aging. Here are a few problems your air duct can cause in your home or business place.
- Cold and Hot spots – One of the common problems air ducts can cause in your home or office is to leave some spots hot and some spots cold throughout your space.
- Pressure imbalances – Pressure imbalance is another problem caused by air ducts in your space. This pressure imbalance can lead to whistling noises and slamming of doors.
- Little or no air coming out – Your air ducts can affect the quantity of air coming out from your HVAC systems. Once you no longer feel any air coming out of your air ducts, make sure you get the duct replaced.
How often you should replace your air ducts
Your air ducts have a long life span which can be from 10-15 years but once you start seeing any signs that show there is a problem with your air duct, do not hesitate to have the air duct replaced to restore your HVAC system back to normal.
When you put the importance of having a functional HVAC in your home into consideration, you will agree there is a need to make sure you give your air ducts the attention they deserve. You can prolong the life of your air ducts by ensuring you give them a professional cleaning at least once every 2 years.
For more informaton about air duct replacement in Harrisburg NC Call: 704-624-8437